Friday, July 23, 2010

Trying out the card editor

I just tried out my card editor to download "a few" cards; all the vanilla creatures and old (non-pain) dual lands. If I haven't done anything wrong in my gatherer search, there are 177 vanilla creatures. it's in fact not so easy to search for textless cards; I had to use the regular expressing "m/^$/" ("m/.../" is the gatherer identifier for regexes, "^$" essentially means "the beginning of the text immediately followed by the end")

by the way, I haven't done a full fledged form for gatherer searches; I did the search on the web site and pasted the search URL into my program. takes me much less time^^


there were two problems: first, my download just discontinued after 89 cards. Looking at what card that was, it was Little Girl from Unhinged with a half mana symbol. Second, even after refining my search to exclude Un-cards, my program only wound up downloading 100 cards. my workaround for that problem was simply to download the other cards by reverting the sort order^^



so, putting things short, I now have over 200 cards implemented, including 177 vanilla creatures, 10 classic dual lands, 10 SHM/EVE dual lands, 5 basic lands, Wrath of God, Damnation and Llanowar Elves. It's really time for combat^^

No comments: